Tortellini Antipasto Salad
Tortellini Antipasto SaladKitchen Note: The Pepper Jack cheese featured in this recipe is a spicy derivative of Monterey Jack cheese which originated in Monterey, California. If it is not available in your area, Provolone or another semi-soft white cheese can be used instead.
This quick and easy recipe is also great for casual get-togethers all year long.
The delicious Tortellini Antipasto Salad Recipe is published for the Monthly Kitchen-Tested Favourite Recipes.
Testing Note: Kraft Sweet Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing is featured in these images. If you prefer a from-scratch alternative, a tasty homemade alternative is provided below.
Preparation for Tortellini Antipasto Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
*Optional: Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
½ c. extra virgin olive oil
¼ c. balsamic vinegar
2 t. maple syrup
1 t. Dijon mustard
2 t. shallot, finely minced
Salt and black pepper, to taste
*Can use bottled dressing instead, see note above.
20 oz. refrigerated tortellini
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 c. fresh arugula
2 T. fresh basil, sliced
4 oz. Pepper Jack or other white cheese, cut into chunks
4 oz. pepperoni, cut into small chunks
1 c. black olives, cut in half
1 c. cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1/3 c. balsamic vinaigrette, divided
3 T. Parmesan cheese, shaved
1. Prepare the balsamic vinaigrette by combining all ingredients in a salad shaker or glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and shake vigorously until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
|AD by Downloadable Products|
|More Details||More Details||More Details||More Details||More Details|
2. Prepare pasta according to package directions. (Add olive oil to the cooking water as instructed to prevent sticking). Rinse and drain well, and place in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the fresh arugula, basil, Pepper Jack cheese, pepperoni, olives, and tomatoes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and drizzle half the balsamic vinaigrette dressing on top. Gently fold the ingredients together with a spoon until thoroughly combined.
|AD by Inspirational Media|
Wood Box Sign
4. To serve, transfer the salad to a large serving bowl and top with shaved Parmesan cheese and a light drizzle of the remaining balsamic vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Tortellini Antipasto Salad In-Process Photos:
The photos below will help you visually in preparing this delicious recipe.
This delicious and favourite Tortellini Antipasto Salad recipe is featured in the following food themes, as follows:
Daily Food Theme/s:
- National Cheese Lover’s Day (January 20th)
- National Tortellini Day (February 13th)
- National Pepperoni Day (September 20)
Monthly Food Theme/s:
- National Salad Month (May)
- National Fresh Fruits & Vegetables Month (June)
- National Pasta Month (October)