Arugula and Portobello and Feta Frittata
Arugula and Portobello and Feta Frittata | Living Low Carbs Recipes
Frittatas are often prepared in well-seasoned cast iron skillets or other non-stick ovenproof pans or cookware. However, a standard 10” non-stick skillet will also work provided you don’t try to pop it in the oven!
This savory stovetop frittata is easy to make and really versatile. The most difficult part is deciding whether you should enjoy it for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
6 whole eggs
¼ c. half & half
3 T. water
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
6 baby Portobellos, washed, gills removed, stems chopped, and caps cut into thin slices
2 handfuls arugula, washed and dried
6 cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in half
2 oz. Feta cheese, cut into equal-size chunks
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together 6 eggs, half & half, water, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper until blended. Set aside.
2. Add olive oil to a 10” non-stick skillet and heat over medium heat. Add Portobello mushroom slices and chopped stems and cook approximately 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the mushrooms are browned, remove 3 uniformly sized mushroom slices from the pan and set aside.
|AD by Inspirational Media|
Wood Box Sign
3. Add arugula to pan and stir constantly until wilted, approximately 1-2 minutes.
4. With a spoon, spread ingredients into a uniform layer across the bottom of the pan, ensuring an even distribution of mushrooms and arugula throughout. Pour egg mixture on top and let cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the egg begins to set on bottom.
5. Reduce heat to just above the “low” setting and cover. Cook 8-9 minutes, then remove cover and arrange the 3 Portobello strips, cherry tomato halves, and Feta chunks in a decorative pattern, if desired. If not, simply scatter those ingredients across the top of the frittata before covering again.
|More Details||More Details||More Details||More Details||More Details|
6. Cook for another 5-6 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through and the Feta has just begun to melt. Remove from heat and carefully transfer to a serving platter and cut into wedges.
7. Serve warm or enjoy at room temperature.