Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin and Red Potatoes with Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce
Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin and Red Potatoes with Creamy Roasted Garlic SauceKitchen Tip: It is more efficient to roast the garlic ahead of time so the sauce can be prepared while the tenderloin is in the air fryer. However, you can also roast the garlic at the same time, and then prepare sauce while the pork rests. Simply cut off the top of the head of garlic, brush with olive oil, and wrap in aluminum foil before placing into the air fryer basket along with the pork and potatoes.
Note: Cooking time for this recipe will depend on several factors, including the internal starting temperature the tenderloin, the size of the potato chunks, and the make/model of the air fryer used. For this recipe, the pork was removed from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking and the potatoes were cut into equal-sized pieces, as shown.
The air fryer used for this recipe is listed below. Cook times and instructions will vary among different units. Be sure to check the recommended guidelines for pork tenderloin for your specific unit before preparing this recipe.
This hearty and delicious recipe is so quick and easy to make in an air fryer. The rich and decadent sauce comes together quickly – and provides plenty of leftovers for a delicious second meal when tossed with rotisserie chicken, pasta, and/or warm roasted veggies.
Preparation for Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin and Red Potatoes with Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1-1¼ lbs. pork tenderloin, trimmed
2 lbs. red potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided*
2 t. dried rosemary, divided*
1 t. garlic powder, divided*
1 t. onion powder, divided*
Salt & black pepper, to taste*
Garnish: Fresh rosemary and thyme leaves, if desired
* Time-Saving Tip: The seasoned olive oil mixture can be prepared in a single bowl and then divided in half. However, the instructions (and in-process photos) included in this recipe show this process as two distinct steps in case you’d prefer to serve with a different side dish.
Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce Ingredients:
1 large head roasted garlic**
1½ c. whole milk, divided
¼ c. unsalted butter
¼ c. all-purpose flour
4 oz. cream cheese, cut into chunks
¾ c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
¼ t. salt
** See Air Fryer Roasted Garlic for more details.
Cook Once, Eat Twice: Store any remaining Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Toss it with rotisserie chicken breast, pasta, and/or roasted vegetables for a quick, easy, and delicious meal.
1. Remove pork tenderloin from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Remove excess fat and the thin membrane covering the tenderloin, if necessary, and set aside.
|AD by Downloadable Products|
|More Details||More Details||More Details||More Details||More Details|
2. Turn on the air fryer and select the “Air Crisp” function. Set the temperature to 375°F and adjust the timer to 25 minutes. Press “Start” to pre-heat the unit.
3. While the unit pre-heats, combine half the olive oil, dried rosemary, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl. Add salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
4. Brush the seasoned olive oil mixture over the pork tenderloin and set aside.
5. Place the diced potatoes in a large bowl and add the remaining olive oil, dried rosemary, garlic powder, and onion powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
6. When the air fryer beeps and flashes “Add Food,” carefully remove the basket (caution: it will be very hot) and place the seasoned tenderloin inside. Position at an angle, as shown, if necessary.
7. Pour the potatoes in around the pork and place the basket back inside the unit. Close the lid to start cooking.
Tip: While the pork is cooking, prepare the roasted garlic cream sauce according to the step-by-step directions listed below, assuming you’ve roasted the garlic in advance. If you are roasting the garlic along with the pork tenderloin, prepare the sauce while the pork is resting.
8. After 10 minutes, lift the lid and carefully turn the tenderloin and stir the potatoes so they brown evenly. Close the lid and continue air frying for another 10 minutes before checking the internal temperature of the pork with an instant read meat thermometer.
Note: Safe cooking temperature for pork tenderloin is 145°F. Remove from air fryer when the temperature is just above 140°F as the temperature will continue to rise several degrees while the pork rests.
For less pink results, continue air frying for several more minutes before removing the tenderloin. Allow the pork to rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
9. Once the tenderloin is removed, shake the basket and continue air frying the potatoes for the remaining 5 minutes.
|AD by Inspirational Media|
Wood Box Sign
10. Slice the pork tenderloin and serve immediately with the roasted potatoes on the side and a drizzle of the Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce on top. Garnish with fresh thyme or finely chopped rosemary leaves, if desired. Enjoy!
Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce Directions:
1. Squeeze the warm roasted garlic cloves from their skins into a medium bowl. Add one cup whole milk and mash the garlic with a fork to break it into small, pieces and set aside.
Tip: For smoother results, pulse garlic and milk for several seconds in a blender.
2. Add butter to a skillet set over medium-low heat. Gradually whisk in the flour until thoroughly incorporated into the melted butter for 2-3 minutes or just until no lumps remain. Do not allow the mixture to brown or darken.
3. Add the cream cheese and the milk mixture to the skillet. Cook, stirring continually, until the cheese is completely melted, approximately 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the grated Parmesan cheese and salt. Continue stirring until the cheese is completely incorporated into the sauce.
5. As the sauce thickens, add the remaining milk, a little at a time, until the desired consistency is reached. Remove from heat and keep warm until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin and Red Potatoes with Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce In-Process Photos:
The photos below will help you visually in preparing this delicious recipe.
|Roasted Garlic Sauce|
This delicious and favourite Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin and Red Potatoes with Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce recipe is featured in the following food themes as follows:
Daily Food Themes: