Vegetable Pad Thai
Vegetable Pad Thai
This recipe was tested with both white and brown rice noodles. They work equally well and require the same amount of time to prepare. Ultimately, the choice comes down to your personal preference.
However, the brown variety offers more fiber and protein per serving. This may vary from one brand to another, however, so be sure to check the brand you are using if this is important to you.
Note: Although they aren’t used here, bean sprouts are commonly found in many Pad Thai recipes.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Pad Thai Ingredients:
8 oz. box rice noodles
1 T. sesame oil
½ medium shallot, finely chopped
3 large green onions, sliced, white and green parts separated
1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks (as shown)
1 medium red pepper, sliced
2 large eggs, whisked
½ c. roasted peanuts, chopped and divided
3 T. cilantro leaves, chopped
2 large limes, cut into wedges
Optional: Crushed red pepper flakes, to serve
1/3 c. honey
3 T. fish sauce
2 T. tamari or coconut aminos
1 T. rice vinegar
2 T. fresh lime juice
2 T. sugar-free creamy peanut butter
1 T. garlic chili sauce (add link)
1. Prepare rice noodles according to package instructions. Rinse under cool water and set aside.
|AD by Downloadable Products|
|More Details||More Details||More Details||More Details||More Details|
2. While waiting for the water to boil for the rice noodles, add the sauce ingredients to a small skillet set over medium-low heat. Stir continually until the peanut butter is melted and the sauce is heated through, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Add the sesame oil to a large non-stick skillet set over medium heat. Add the shallot, white part of the green onions, carrots, and red pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are crisp tender and develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
|AD by Inspirational Media|
Wood Box Sign
4. Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet with a spatula. Add the whisked eggs to the other side. Cook, stirring and chopping frequently with the spatula, until the eggs are cooked through and broken into very small pieces, approximately 4-5 minutes.
5. Add the prepared rice noodles, one-third cup chopped peanuts, and the warm sauce to the skillet and stir to combine.
6. Transfer to individual serving dishes and top with the remaining roasted peanuts, green onion tops, and fresh cilantro. Serve immediately with lime wedges and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired, on the side. Enjoy!
Click on Healthy 30-Minute Meals recipe package for more!