Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast Slow Cooker Recipe
Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast
This delicious sweet and savory dish is sure to become a new family favorite. Here, fresh pineapple and spicy jalapeno are paired with toasted sesame oil, five-spice powder, creamy peanut butter, and fresh cilantro for a rich and flavorful combination.
As written, this recipe contains a couple of extra steps you can skip if you are short on time. To make this a truly one-pot meal, simply place the well-trimmed and seasoned pork butt roast directly into your slow cooker without searing. In addition, the juices can be thickened right in the slow cooker crock by stirring in the arrowroot slurry with the other ingredients 30 minutes before it is done cooking.
Important Tip: Trim as much excess fat as possible from the pork butt roast prior to cooking. This will greatly reduce the amount of fat that ends up in the very flavorful juices/sauce.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 3-8 hours
Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast Ingredients:
1 small yellow onion, diced
16-oz. fresh pineapple, cut into 1” chunks
¼ c. gluten-free soy sauce*
2 t. rice wine vinegar
1 T. honey
1 T. sesame oil
2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 t. five-spice powder
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1” chunks
1 medium jalapeno pepper, finely diced
2 T. natural, creamy peanut butter
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 4-5 lb. pork shoulder butt roast, trimmed
Salt and black pepper, to taste
¼ c. fresh pineapple juice
3 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
Optional: 2 T. arrowroot
1. Add onion, fresh pineapple chunks, soy sauce (*can substitute coconut aminos), rice wine vinegar, honey, sesame oil, garlic, five-spice powder, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, and peanut butter to a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker crock. Stir to combine thoroughly.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season trimmed pork roast on all sides with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to hot skillet and sear on all sides, approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer seared pork to slow cooker crock.
|AD by Inspirational Media|
Wood Box Sign
3. Reduce heat to medium and deglaze skillet with fresh pineapple juice. Use a spatula to scrape up flavorful brown bits from bottom of pan. Remove from heat and pour pan juices into the slow cookerslow cooker.
4. Cover and cook over high heat for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8. When finished, stir in fresh cilantro and transfer pork and pineapple mixture to a serving platter with a slotted spoon. Cover and keep warm.
|More Details||More Details||More Details||More Details||More Details|
5. Optional: If desired, create a slurry by combining 2 tablespoons arrowroot and ¼ cup of juices from the slow cooker. Transfer remaining juices from the slow cooker to a large skillet over medium-high heat and whisk in the arrowroot slurry until well combined. Cook for several minutes or until sauce is reduced and thickened.
6. To serve, spoon warm pork and pineapple mixture over a bed of cooked brown or Instant Pot® Cilantro Lime Rice. Top with the juices or thickened sauce, if desired, and enjoy!
Thanks for trying the “Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast Slow Cooker Recipe“!
Click on Slow Cooker Recipes for more!