Savory Peach Compote
Savory Peach Compote
Note: The glass jars shown in the images for this recipe are for decorative purposes only. This is not a canning recipe. This fruit compote can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for several days, however.
This kitchen-tested quick and easy recipe of the savory peach compote is as versatile as it is delicious. Try it as a sandwich spread or as a flavorful sauce for chicken, pork, or fish dishes. For best results, prepare this recipe 1-2 days in advance to give the flavors a chance to develop fully.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Yields: approximately 3 cups
Savory Peach Compote Ingredients:
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1-2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
½ c. red onion, finely chopped (about ½ medium)
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 t. dried rosemary
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/8 – ¼ t. crushed red pepper flakes
2 T. fresh lemon juice
4 large rice peaches, diced (approximately 4 heaping cups)
3 T. honey, preferably local
2 T. water
1. Add olive oil, garlic, and red onion to a large saucepan set over medium heat. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
2. Add the rosemary, cinnamon, and crushed red pepper flakes to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and the spices become very fragrant, approximately 4-5 minutes.
|AD by Inspirational Media|
Wood Box Sign
3. Add the lemon juice, peaches, honey, and water to the skillet and stir to combine. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a rapid boil. Immediately reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the peaches are soft and the mixture starts to thicken, approximately 10-12 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and cool for several minutes. Working in batches if necessary, transfer the warm peach mixture to a blender and quickly pulse for a few seconds just until blended, but not completely smooth.
5. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 days. Enjoy!
|AD by Downloadable Products|
|More Details||More Details||More Details||More Details||More Details|