One-Pot Beer Cheese Soup
One-Pot Beer Cheese Soup
Beer cheese soup makes for a warm and satisfying meal on cold, blustery days. Unfortunately, it has a reputation for being a bit tricky to make because it can turn into a gloppy mess if you aren’t careful. However, you can achieve picture-perfect (and palate-worthy) results at home with this easy recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Tip: Take a “low and slow” approach while preparing this recipe. Most importantly, don’t allow the soup to boil after adding the cheese because it will cause it to separate.
One-Pot Beer Cheese Soup Ingredients:
6 T. unsalted butter
1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ c. all-purpose or whole wheat flour
3 c. chicken or vegetable broth, preferably organic
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 c. heavy cream, room temperature
4 oz. goat cheese, cut into chunks and softened
16 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated, plus extra for serving
2 t. Dijon mustard
2 t. Worcestershire sauce
8 oz. mild-flavored beer
1/4 c. chopped red onion,
4 pretzel rolls or a loaf of crusty bread, to serve
|AD by Inspirational Media|
Wood Box Sign
2. Gradually add flour and stir constantly until completely incorporated without any lumps. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in broth and increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil, and then immediately reduce heat to medium-low. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Simmer uncovered for approximately 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat and blend mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. Otherwise, transfer the liquid to a blender and blend until completely smooth. Work in batches if necessary.
5. Once smooth, return mixture to Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-low heat. Temper the heavy cream by adding a couple tablespoons of the hot soup to it, then stir it into the pot until well combined.
|More Details||More Details||More Details||More Details||More Details|
6. Slowly whisk in goat cheese and half the cheddar cheese. Stir continually until cheese is completely melted before adding the remaining cheddar cheese. Stir constantly until completely melted.
7. Add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and beer and stir until blended. If soup is too thick at this point, add a little additional chicken or vegetable stock to reach desired consistency. Continuing simmering on medium-low heat another 5-10 minutes, or until heated through.
8. Serve immediately with soft pretzel rolls or crusty bread of your choice. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, red onion, and/or popcorn, if desired. Enjoy!