Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Ball Appetizer
Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball Appetizer
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Ball Appetizer Ingredients:
8 thick-cut slices of bacon
½ large jalapeño pepper, finely minced, divided
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
½ c. Mexican-blend cheese, finely shredded
½ t. smoked paprika
½ t. Mexican oregano
½ t. chipotle powder
½ t. garlic powder
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Vegetables, of choice
1. Line a large plate with paper towels and place 4 slices of bacon on top. Cover with additional paper towels. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, or until bacon is crispy. Remove from microwave and discard paper towels. Repeat process with additional paper towels and remaining slices of bacon.
|AD by Inspirational Media|
Wood Box Sign
2. Place crispy bacon in a food processor and pulse briefly until roughly chopped. Transfer bacon crumbs to a large bowl, along with half the jalapeño pepper, and stir to combine. Set aside.
3. Combine the remaining jalapeño pepper, cream cheese, Mexican cheese, smoked paprika, Mexican oregano, chipotle powder, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir vigorously to combine.
4. Shape the cheese mixture into a ball with your hands and transfer to a serving plate. Place in the refrigerator to firm up a bit, approximately 5-10 minutes.
|More Details||More Details||More Details||More Details||More Details|
5. Remove cheese ball from refrigerator and gently roll in the bacon jalapeño mixture until thoroughly coated. Return to serving dish and serve immediately with sliced vegetables and/or gluten-free crackers. Enjoy!